Getting Married on a Weekday
Planning your wedding can be both exhilarating and stressful at times. One of the first things you need to do, is to choose your wedding date and this will often be dictated by availability and budget. Many a couple have viewed a venue and completely fallen in love with it, only to be told it’s either not available on their preferred date, or it’s out of their budget. It can be upsetting, especially when you have your heart set on it. But there is still hope. One big thing you can do is to consider saying ‘I Do’ on a weekday instead of the traditional choice of a Saturday.
Indeed today, more and more couples are opting for weekday nuptials for a whole variety of reasons and while it can mean big savings and securing the venue of your dreams, bear in mind it will also have other consequences for your wedding day.
As an award-winning wedding planner, I’ve organised many weekday and weekend weddings for my happy couples over the years and ultimately the decision of which you go for has to come down to what you both want as a couple and what’s going to feel right for your closest family and friends; as these are the people you want with you on this most special day.
If you’d like to chat through your wedding ideas or want to find out how I can help bring your wedding dreams to life, then please don’t hesitate to contact me.
The Pros of Getting Married on a Weekday
- There really are terrific savings to be had on wedding venues and packages if you decide to get married on a weekday and even more so if it’s ‘out of season.’ So if you are on a budget, then it’s well worth considering, as you can get much more bang for your buck and a more luxurious venue.
- Many wedding venues can book out on Saturdays up to a year in advance and if your preferred wedding venue is booked out on Saturdays, then it’s worth checking about weekday availability.
- If going for a weekday wedding is not your preferred choice, but your dream venue is only available on a weekday, try and see if they have a Friday available as it can be a good compromise for your guests, as opposed to say a Wednesday when they have to get back to work on the Thursday or Friday.
- As well as savings on the venue itself, you’re likely to find a whole variety of wedding vendors may give better rates or throw in extras for weekday bookings.
- A weekday wedding is ideal for a more intimate affair and feels less generic. In fact getting married on a weekday can feel unique and special.
The Cons of Getting Married on a Weekday
- The biggest issue with getting married on a weekday is the impact it is going to have on your guests getting the time off work and/or taking the kids out of school.
- Depending on which weekday you go for, bear in mind it will in all likelihood mean guests taking two days off work, depending on where the wedding is and this can ask a lot of those who are outside your family and very close friends.
- If you are getting married on a weekday, then you’ll need to send out a save the date card well in advance to give your guests the maximum notice so they can secure the time off.
- Your final wedding numbers may end up being significantly smaller than you anticipated which can have an effect on your wedding package rates.
- Take into account rush hour and lunch time traffic, as well as school collection traffic all of which will be at its peak on a weekday and can impact you or your guests getting to the wedding on time.